Monday, June 06, 2005

Historic Fernadina Beach


I stopped in the historic downtown section of Fernandina Beach . The top left photo is the original train station, and the tracks still run to the right of it. I loved the old buildings... the middle left photo is of the post office. Isn't it gorgeous? The trough is the last public horse trough still left over from the 1880's, and it is right next to a Revolutionary War site that I stopped to visit. On the way out of town, I found this little butterfly garden that was just stunningly beautiful. I saw lots of gorgeous butterflies and dragonflies, but none would stick around for a photo... LOL. The bottom right photo is of a house I passed on the way out. Those are three of the six flags they had in the front yard, and then the porch had several more flags and several God Bless America signs. I do love patriotism! Posted by Hello

No comments: