Thursday, December 08, 2005

Schooldays




We have made it through the first few days of school, and life is good! All of the kids are enjoying being there, and some really good things are happening. It has been a big adjustment, but it is all good. I miss them, but I appreciate having a couple of quiet hours each day. Matt actually wrote me a letter yesterday thanking me for taking him to all his activities and thanking me for sending him to school. I worried the most about him, so to see him so happy has really been a blessing.




Of course, being in school means homework, which is something I never did like. It hasn't been too bad, though, and the kids are pretty good about getting it done pretty quickly.



This week has actually been busy with a lot of running around. I have a lot of parent meetings, IEP appointments, and the regular errand stuff to take care of, but I have found a few things to do with my time. For instance, I picked the house up an hour ago, and it is still clean... that is just amazing to me... LOL. Since I don't have to make breakfast and lunch and dinner for 8 people everyday, I have made some really yummy dinners because it doesn't feel like such a chore now. (tonight is homemade chicken noodle soup... mmmm) And I put up the Christmas tree with the help of the kittens, who thought it was really cool of me to put a tree up for them to play in. Today I am going to finish getting the rest of the Christmas stuff out.

Matt has his first big choir performance tomorrow night, and then a repeat on Saturday. Faith and Chet are part of a Christmas play this weekend, and Jack and I have his company party to go to. (I still don't have what I am going to wear completely figured out) It is another busy weekend, but when it is filled with holiday stuff it is worth every minute!

No comments: