Thursday, May 25, 2006

so depressing

What started out as fulfilling a dream has become a nightmare. The original lender had problems with the appraiser, and wanted to change the terms of the loan, so we had to go with a new lender. They are putting a rush on it to try to get it all approved and closed by Tuesday, but I am having such a hard time staying positive. It is so depressing to know that we are stressing our friends out by being here so much longer than we were told to expect. I hate not knowing for sure what the outcome is going to be. Today I made some calls about rental homes and began looking into other homes for sale in case they come back with more problems on this house. I know it is all going to work out. It always does. I just hate the not knowing, and feeling ready to cry at the drop of a hat from the stress.

I took the kids to the Saunders Gun Museum today to get out of the house for a while. It is a pretty nice little museum on the historic square here in town, with lots of outlaw guns from Jesse James, Billy the Kid, etc, as well as other antique guns, Native American displays, and early history of the town. We also went to the library and got all the kids library cards and checked some books out. The older kids are at the community center swimming right now, and tomorrow we are going to look into getting them a membership there to go play basketball and swim during the summer. There are positive things happening, and I keep reminding myself of that. I just desperately want to be in my own house, getting it put together and making it a home.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, Jenn! I am so sad for you. I only know how stressed I would be if in your spot....I just can't imagine! I am thinking of you!

Jennifer Stewart said...

Jenn, I am so sorry about all of this! I can't imagine how stressful it is. {{{big hugs}}}

That gun museum sounds like something my ds would LOVE. How cool :)

Jen

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!
Sorry to hear about the complications you are experiencing. I know things will work out eventually and as they are supposed to - take heart! What an adventure, really!
Until you are settled - do you have a phone # you can be reached at so I can contact you? Sorry we missed each other before you left - but would love to say 'Hi' personally.
Please contact me directly (I'm hoping you have my info still) as I'd rather not leave it as a post...
Love, Nicole

Johanna said...

I object!! My sweet friend, you are not stressing me or my family out. (I was that way before you got here!!) I'm glad that we are here to help you. That is what friends do....so you can just take that burden and chuck it out the window...one less thing to worry about! (Plus, we get to scrap tonight!!!)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you guys are having so many problems. Appraisals are a nightmare. I am sure that everything will work out fine they usually do. Make sure to let us know how to get in touch with you once you finally land.

Aimee