Monday, August 06, 2007

I'm baaaaa-acckkkk

Today my new Adobe software came... the whole CS3 Master Collection.... whooooooo... :0) I spent the afternoon getting it installed, and I can finally share some of the pictures from the last month. I just did a quick edit on these, but they aren't in any kind of order.

This first one shows Beth and the girls of our good friends Josh and Mystery. On Friday afternoon, Mystery and her kids were in a really bad car accident, and Jasmine, the little cutie on the right, was really hurt and is still in ICU. It looks like she is going to be fine, but it will be a long recovery process for her, so if you would keep her in your prayers it would really be appreciated.

Here is a shot of Todd and a couple of the other boys in my Vacation Bible School class. Just take a good look at their faces, and it kind of sums up why I came home so tired each night... lol


Kyle has always loved climbing trees, but our big tall orchard trees provide a whole new thrill of discovery for him. He and Todd are scaling the apple tree in this one. I was planning on making apple pie filling, apple butter, and applesauce from the fruit on that tree this year, but those stinkers (and Matt.... he isn't blameless either) have eaten every single apple on the tree as soon as they are big enough to eat. Ah well, at least they are healthful snacks.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released, and Chet and I were there at midnight to get our copy. Tony was also there, and it cracked me up how the two of them were walking through the store and reading on their way to pay for the books. I had it read by Sunday afternoon, and Chet was done a couple of days later. I am sad that there aren't anymore HP books coming out, because being there for the release parties was something fun Chet and I have really enjoyed over the years. We need to find a new series to carry on the tradition with!

Josh and Mystery have eight kids, so not only do we all get along really well, but the kids all do too, so our families end up spending a lot of time together. A few weekends ago we were over there and did some skeet shooting. I actually managed to hit one of my clay pigeons, but I think it was an accident because I certainly didn't have any aim going on... lol


Just a shot I caught of Faith outside one day.


Jessica and Beth at the Mystic Caverns. The grounds there are beautiful for pictures.


When Jesse and Sam were here, the four of us went out to dinner. Here we are on our way out to go to Branson.
A few weeks ago Kyle built Beth and outdoor "bathtub" and filled it with water. She wallered in the mudbath for quite a while, and didn't even mind the earthworms that came and joined her. I don't think I will ever be that country... lol


Here I am again on our way out to dinner.
And I love this one of Sam and Jesse... lol... even with Jesse blowing smoke out the side of his mouth.
Jessica took this one of Jack and I in the mystic caverns.
There is still a lot going on here. School is getting ready to start, and on Friday I will be going down to start fulfilling one of my own dreams... I am enrolling back into college and will be working on a graphic arts / photography degree. There is a lot going on in our lives that I will talk about more in the near future, but good things are happening despite the stressful times. I am looking forward to updating my blog again regularly!

2 comments:

deb said...

What beautiful (and fun in the mud) photos.

Johanna said...

It was so nice to see you the other day. I'm sorry that I couldn't help you Friday night. I would have loved watching the kids for you if it weren't for my class. Seeing pictures of you and Jack with your brother and sis in law, and reading about you and your new friends makes me so sad that we don't ever seem to be able to get together. I just hate Bill's work schedule. Please e-mail me, so that I can have your e-mail address and at least write to you at 2a.m. when I have a moment! LOL....love ya!