Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A Sleepy Weekend

Let me start by sharing that they page I made about Jessica is featured on the front page of Scrap Village if you would like to check it out! I don't know why it ended up looking so crooked, but it isn't really!

I have a confession to make... I am exhausted. In fact, I was so tired this weekend that I didn't even make it to Disney World like I planned to. I simply didn't ahve the energy to walk around the park! That doesn't mean it was a bad weekend, though... on the contrary it was very pleasant and we all got along well. I could use a long massage and two days of sleep, though... LOL I am just uploading "raw" photos this week. If I end up scrapping them I will use the magic of photoshop to make them better, but for better or worse here they are right now!


This was Lisa's first weekend working with us, and we didn't see her much since she spent the evenings with her husband. She was still fun to be around when we did get to see her, and her husband seems pretty funny too. One of our customers brought her husband back to the booth to meet Lisa, and they offered their house to Lisa and her hubby anytime they are in town. Lisa's hubby actually got one of the sports bars to lend him a TV with game control jacks to use in their hotel room while he waited for Lisa to get out of the show. It just cracked me up how they were making friends all over the place!


Brian was one of the bellhops who we kept busy bringing all of our boxes out to take them to the show. I wasn't enjoying trying to back the van (which had terrible blind spots) so Brian offered to do it for me. What a sweetie! I had Johanna grab my camera and take a picture of him.



It was a very nice surprise to run into my friend Ari at the show. She and her mom had the booth right across from ours. Ari and I have been on the same scrapping email loop for almost ten years. It was nice to take a few minutes to catch up and take a couple of photos together!







We went with a new look for the booth this week. We got rid of the laser tables and hung them all up on grid as well, and even though the pics don't do it justice we were really happy with the set up.










We did stop at a Ben and Jerry's for dessert after set-up, and I got to take this shot of Johanna, Sheri, and Ronda waiting for me in front of Wonderworks, which is a hands on science museum. We didn't actually go in the museum, but I thought it looked really cool on the outside with its upside-down design.








Even though I was tired, it was great to spend the weekend with Johanna. I am so blessed to have so many really good friends!




On Sunday night we all went to the flea market and then to dinner. We received the royal treatment during dinner, which was a bit strange. It wasn't just because it was my birthday either. We had the restaraunt manager at our table laughing and chatting with us before Ronda, Johanna, and Sheri even told them it was my birthday. After dinner, I heard the hand-clapping and hollering coming, and I was ready to crawl under my seat. The manager and our server, Leo, and their coworkers came out singing Happy Birthday to me, brought me this humongous hot fudge sundae, and crowned me with a coffee filter hat. Then Leo (who kept calling me Chen-ee-fair with his Brazilian accent) crafted this rose out of a paper napkin for me. He even gave me his card to make sure I sent him our photo... awww.


I got home yesterday afternoon, and I stopped at Costco on the way home to pick up rady-to-heat mashed potatoes and some rotisserie chicken for dinner. When I got home, the kids gave me this lovely bouquet of flowers, and when I got up this morning I found a brand new set of luggage my brother bought for me. (my other new set had the zipper tear out of it already) After dinner last night, the kids sang me happy birthday and we enjoyed some cake together and watched some TV before I crashed out on the couch in sheer exhaustion. I woke up about 4:30 and got into my own bed, and today I feel much better.

Thank you to all of you who sent me birthday wishes! Want to hear something funny? For some reason I thought I was 33 all year long since my last birthday. But this weekend I thought about the dates more carefully and realized I was turning 33 this year, not last. I guess that means I have a whole other year of being 33!

I am leaving tomorrow for St Louis, and then I will be home for a few weeks before the next show. Stop by and say hi if you are there!

No comments: