Friday, June 26, 2009

My All-Star

With the craziness that April and May brought, I didn't get to post much about baseball, or anything else for that matter. I keep thinking I will get it all caught up, but that isn't working out so well.

That didn't stop the baseball machine from going forward, though. We were on the ballfield all the time, because if Kyle wasn't playing then Todd was. And many times they were playing at the same time, which is more manageable if they are playing in the same town.

And they played hard. Baseball is Kyle's big passion. With three ballplayers, we will be spending every spring living part time at a ballfield somewhere, and that is okay with us.

Kyle was accepted on the All-Star team again this year. For the last couple of weeks he has been practicing for 12-15 hours a week; batting, catching, pitching, outfielding, infielding, running, sliding.. essentially living and breathing ball. Yesterday they suited up for their team pictures.

Next week he and this fine looking group of boys will be traveling to Bentonville to compete in the All-Star tournament. They are excited, nervous, and ready to play. If they win there, they will be moving on to compete in state. Either way, it is going to be awesome. Good luck, guys!

4 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi Jenn, and thanks for your comment on my blog. :o)

If you lived close enough, you could sure have that box of junque for scrapbook photos, lol!

And my Mama had several of the large round wooden cheese boxes when we cleaned out her apartment after she died. She was a bit of a pack rat too, and I have to say I have just a touch of it, but nothing on the scale that she did.

Happy weekend, and good luck to your baseball player.

Hugs,

Diane

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Kyle! I hope your team wins. I love you.

Hugs & kisses ...

Gramma Pam

Karla said...

congrats to the all star !!

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

congrats and good luck!