Wednesday, June 10, 2009

shhhh

There is a thunderstorm out there tonight. There have been tornado warnings, severe weather warnings, and some mighty lightning shows. The kids have discovered that the blackout curtains I hung in our bedroom for Jack keep out all light, including lightning. So as I was up here editing photos, I slowly found myself surrounded by my five youngest. They dropped off to sleep one by one, filling every inch of my bed with their quickly-sprouting limbs, leaving me a small corner on Jack's side of the bed where Kyle curled around my legs as Beth tucked herself into my side.

I just want to savor this moment. Don't anybody remind me how all too soon they grow out of doing things like this. Especially those nearly-teenagers who let me know they aren't there because the thundering storm bothers them; they are just there to help keep the 3 sleeping little ones calm. As you can see, they are doing a good job keeping the little ones calm.

I am going to just sit here and smile at all of them until Jack gets home. Goodnight.

No comments: