Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Paul Revere's House and the Old North Church


The highlight for me was to see the Paul Revere House and The Old North Church where his lanterns were hung to so he could warn the minutemen of the coming of the British. The church is still used to hold services, and I didn't want to disturb the meeting, so I didn't go inside. I did get to explore the Paul Revere house, though, which is where I found the lanterns to photograph. The photo of me in a doorway is in front of The Paul Revere House house. Behind the house and the church is the Paul Revere Mall, where there are plaques dedicated to patriots and veterans of almost every war the Americans have been involved in. For somebody like me, who loves history and feels connected to the stories of the past, standing in the spots where the history happened is soul stirring. Next year I want to return and see the birthplace of Franklin, the Boston Massacre Site, and all of the rest of The Freedom Trail that we did not get to visit. Posted by Hello

No comments: