Saturday, October 08, 2005

Did you miss me?

This has been a crazy week and a half, and we had all kinds of stuff going on! I thought I would take a minute tonight to just update a little bit.

Faith lost her bottom tooth yesterday, and couldn't wait to go to bed so the tooth fairy could come and visit. She woke up this morning to a couple of crisp dollar bills under her pillow, and is happily getting used to the extra hole in her mouth. The really great news is that we can see her top teeth budding through her gums, so she might really get her two front teeth for Christmas this year!



Faith was invited to the coolest birthday party she has ever been to. It was held at a full-sized doll house where the girls are pampered and treated like royalty for two hours. We arrived, and she was given her choice of princess dresses to wear, and then her hair, nails and make-up were done for her. The girls were all having a blast picking out shoes, trying on dresses and costumes, accessorizing with just the right strand of pearls or feather boa, and then modeling their gorgeous selves down a princess runway. After the fashion show, they were served lemonade, hot dog hors-deurves (sp), and pizza on fine china. I had Beth with me, and when she saw those rows of shoes she thought she had died and gone to footwear heaven. I like the picture of Faith looking in the mirror in the first picture. I want to play with some more reflection shots of my kids with my camera.

Beth has decided she is a big girl, and no longer needs a crib. So last night we converted her crib to a toddler bed, and she slept in it quite happily. I think this has affected me more than her birthday did... my last baby is outgrowing the vestiges of her babyhood, and I am not ready to let go!



Matt is actually doing a very good job in Sign Design. However, on Thursday night he and his friend Andrew decided that there was one song they didn't like dancing to because they thought they would look silly. Kacey had to stop the music twice to ask them to get it in gear and do what they were supposed to be doing, and that wasn't fair to the other kids. She warned them that if they didn't cooperate, they would be performing up there all by themselves. They went through the routine again and didn't dance, so she stuck to her guns and made them perform it by themselves until they did it right. Matt, who has a mad crush on Kacey, told her that was embarrassing, but since he felt bad for upsetting her he reluctantly stood there with Andrew and tried to look enthusiastic. Being the good mom I am, I took advantage of this situation and brought my camera onto the floor and took plenty of photos of this spur-of-the-moment showcase. Today we had practice again, and the two of them were out there doing the sign and dance routine perfectly! Amazing what a little humiliation can accomplish... LOL I am positive that someday Matt will truly appreciate me taking a photo of the first time he was chewed out by a girl of his dreams... LOL


Next Saturday is the first Sign Design performance. I am worried that the kids' uniforms won't show up in time though, and without uniforms they cannot perform for this one. They have a huge show at the end of the month, and everything should be all set for that one. They are all so excited. Even Kyle is out there learning the signs, and even though he is still so shy about dancing completelY he is more than willing to stand there at smile at Kacey. I think she has all of my boys googly-eyed... LOL

The yard sale went fairly well, but I still have piles and piles of stuff. Now I have to decide what to do with it all.

I am heading to Memory Trends on Monday to see what is new and say hi to some friends. I LOVE not having to leave town to go to this show!

This has grown long enough now. I am going to get munchkins off to bed and just sit and do nothing for a while! I'll be back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.