Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Inspired...





All weekend long I kept seeing things in the booths and around me that made me just want to get home and scrap!! Sometimes that really is the hardest part of my job... feeling so inspired and yet being so unable to do anything about it right then! Kara brought her Freestyle and Type books from Autumn Leaves and those just boosted the urge to get home and pull out all the stuff. Then tonight I checked the Deluxe Designs blog, and Katherine posted a challenge to use this sketch. So I chose to scrap instead of going to sleep, and I like the end results. I wish I had a scanner to copy this with instead of just a camera, but I hope you can see some of the details I really had fun playing with anyway.

I cut the solid background piece (B7) into strips instead of leaving it intact like the sketch shows. I mounted the two small square photos (SQ3) onto some of our Plain Jane squares, which are the perfect size, and then sanded them and the other two photos. (I used a Plain Jane photo tab on the file folder piece that I put to use as a title block) I wanted some extra texture, so I trimmed the swoop with my zigzag deco scissors and stitched everything with messy stitches. Even though I wanted something that created a feeling of bubbles, I didn't want anything too obviously bubbly. I went with stamping a Teresa Collins dot stamp eith paint randomly on some parts of the layout, and then circling some of the dots with the brown pen. The Yardbath title is Doodlebug stickers, the kids' names are done with Making Memories rub-ons, and I used a couple of other stickers and rub-ons from 7 Gypsies and Creative Imaginations. A little bit of freestyle, a little bit of fontwork, and a whole lot of fun with pics I took a few days ago when Jack told me to get my camera and come outside.


I did get to meet up with Gina for a few minutes while she was working at Archivers. Gina, I promise next year we will communicate better and have lunch again!

With the exception of some major hassles with the hotel we were originally booked to stay in (it was so dirty even the fleas were disgusted) the weekend went really well. Kara and I stayed up late every night laughing and talking. We went window shopping at the mall after we left Archivers the other night and I fell in love with these boots at Nordstroms. I probably won't end up getting them, but a girl can dream right?




***********************************************************************

6 comments:

Sarah said...

What is your e-mail? I need hsing advice. :)

Unknown said...

Hey Jennifer--those boots Rock! :D

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»