Monday, June 25, 2007

26 years of service

We have been going to the Methodist church down the street, where Pastor David has been the pastor for 26 years. Methodist pastors don't usually serve that long around here; they are usually sent to work in different churches and moved around on a fairly frequent basis. Everything changes at some point, though, and so David will now be serving in the Methodist church in another city, and we will have a new pastor next Sunday. Yesterday was his last Sunday with us, and it was a very emotional day. Usually when he calls for the kids to come up for the children's sermon before they go to children's church, all the younger kids gather around him. But he was surprised yesterday when he called for the kids to come forward, and all of the kids, all of the youth, and all of the adults who grew up and were once the kids who gathered around him came forward and surrounded him. It was one of the most touching things I have ever seen, and I know I wasn't the only one who was crying. He has a tradition of giving the kids candy, so yesterday all the youth gave him candy and a box to carry it in to take the kids in his new congregation. We are going to miss him.


I thought you might like to see a basketful of kittens. One of Skittles' babies died, so we have twelve left. As you can see, there is a mix of colors, but they are all adorable. I need to try to get one where I can see more of their faces better. Jessica had them all gathered up so she could give them a bath without their moms trying to carry them back off to "safety"... lol.

I did get some scrapping done this weekend.. I just have to scan what I can share right now. I also got some work done for some upcoming features. I will show it to you as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

I know how it feels to lose a favorite pastor. Although no one can replace him (personality-wise), just remember when God closes a door, He opens a window!

The kitties are so cute, but (achoo!) I'm allergic! :o)

Anonymous said...

Girl, what are you going to do with all of those crazy kittens?!? LOL!! Really if I lived near you I would take them all....HAHAHA!!! Yea, right. :) Love and miss you!!