Monday, June 12, 2006

Back again

I must say, I really love the ladies at the shows when we go to Texas. They are always so friendly there!

This weekend we released our new chipboard shapes, and I am so excited to get a chance to finally play with these pieces! Check out Katherine's blog for a sneak peek, and check back here in the next day or two because I fully intend to pull out some scrap supplies tonight and start playing!

It was pretty late by the time I got the kids and then the dogs home last night, got some grocery shopping done, and got the car unpacked. I did manage to hang some of my framed photos and art pieces, and the house is starting to feel like a home. Today I am going to attempt to get the girls' beds assembled, and paint the bathrooms. Then tonight and tomorrow are mine to scrap, scrap, scrap. I picked up a humongous piece of cardstock at Recollections that I plan on using to create a large piece for the hallway. Jack is calling the cable guys to come get the cable and internet installed in the house, and then it will really feel normal. I feel so at odds without my computer available whenever I need it!

I forgot to update you all with what happened in court. Our house inspection is in two weeks, and then we go back to court at the end of the month to finalize custody arrangements. Jessica will get to come spend weekends or weeks at a time with us until the end of the summer, and then she is supposed to be home with us for good before the school year starts. Such happy news!

Matt had a wonderful time at scout camp, and earned lots of merit badges. He needs to attend a city council meeting to finish earning one more. He lost ten pounds over the week while hiking to all his classes, and is feeling really good about that. He made some nice friends, and his leaders really like him. I am going to take his camera down to get it developed for him tomorrow.

I woke up to a blanket of muggy clouds this morning. The heat part isn't so bad (at least not yet I am told) and I love the way the moister air is making my skin feel. I am a much softer lizard now.

I love today's quote, so I had to add it here for later:

“People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.”

I need to log off now and get back home to take care of life there. I will be back tomorrow to post anything I end up making tonight!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Do you internet access yet at home? An e-mail address? Those chipboard shapes are dang cute! Can I just say again how much I LOVE paisley?!?! Congrats on the court update!

Kara said...

hope that things continue to go well for ya!!
i had lots of fun this weekend. see ya in a couple days!