Thursday, June 01, 2006


The last 24 hours have been something. I don't even want to type it all out to save it for posterity... but when my mom got on the phone last night and said "I love you" I broke into tears and sobbed. Like a baby. I was ready to cry "Uncle" and throw my hands up in despair. I got most of it worked out today, though, and the rest of it is other people's problems to deal with, not mine.

Jack got on the road today and I am so glad we will all have a couple of days together before we both have to leave again. He should be here tomorrow night, and it can't come soon enough. I don't like this single mom gig at all, but more importantly we are all missing him like crazy. He had a telephone interview yesterday, and will have a face to face interview Tuesday morning before he flies back to go to work again, so please say a little prayer that they hurry up and push his transfer through!

In spite of the issues that keep coming up that I was completely unprepared for, I am still trying to make it all come together nicely, and there have been some really pleasant moments as well. I got most of the boxed stuff we need for the next few months into the house today, and Portia, Ed, and Johanna helped me get the beds all moved in. I bought all of the kids new bedding, and I am spending tomorrow unpacking most of it and cleaning the bathrooms really well. When Jack gets here with the truck we will finish getting the furniture in, and it should be mostly done. The really nice thing is that I have a perfect garage for photo shoots, so as soon as I can I will get everyone out there to take some updated group shots! I am holding off on altering one of the window panes I found so I can use a picture of all seven of the kids together when Jessica gets here.

I lost my cell phone a couple of days ago, but it was turned into the police department today. My poor mom got a call today from the Berryville PD looking for her daughter. I wonder if they called my dad too, since he was on my list of numbers as well.

A bird built a nest in one of my scrapbook boxes. It is so cute, and I don't want to disturb it, so I think I will leave that box there and see what it looks like to see baby birds hatching on a bed of embellishments. If anything shows up in the nest I will post pictures to share!

Anyway... I am done babbling tonight. Sleep well.


Sarah said...

Oh, Jenn! I wish I could help you! (or just give you a giant hug!) I can only imagine how hard things must be in chaos. I'm thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Well, it took about an hour before my adrenaline level went back to normal after getting the call from the Berryville PD, but I'm glad it was just about the lost cell phone and nothing major, given the awful day you had the day before!

I'm glad Jack was only an hour away when I spoke with him about 8:30 p.m. Nevada time.

Now I wander around the house on FH Ln and many, many past scenes come to mind, especially since the house has been in the family for 45 years and it will be someone else's house come June 19, 2006, when the escrow closes. I got outside and took the photos of the hands and foot prints in the concrete portion that was poured in 1983. It said I was age 28 years old ... an eternity ago!

Good luck in court on Monday. Call me and let me know how it turns out.

Love & hugs to you all.


Robyn said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your having a hard time! Huge hugs! My thoughts and prayers are with you!