Monday, June 06, 2005

Down by the seaside


Everybody else I was working with flew out of Jacksonville early in the morning. My flight didn't leave for another six hours. I decided to go find something to do. I headed North on 95, and found myself in the charming little town on Amelia Island, where a plantation still survives as a modern day resort. I stopped at the Walmart on the way to get my memory chip copied to a disc so I could take more photos, and the photo clerk told me that I would love Fernandino Beach. She was right, I did. She told me to look for the shark teeth that are scattered all over, and I found the two black ones after I wandered a while. Then I found the great white tooth as well, and I knew the boys would love to see these. The seashells are all over the beach in dense groupings, so I gathered up several for Chet to use in his fish tank. I had to take my own photos of myself, and these two came out better than the others.

I needed this time on the beach. My life has been so crazy, which is okay, but to have an hour to myself to stroll on the beach, find shells and shark teeth, and watch the pelicans hunt for fish was very soothing for my soul. I ended up with very wet capris and shoes covered in sand, so on the way out I stopped and bought a change of clothing. That was very good for the soul, too...
Posted by Hello

No comments: