Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Photo opportunities


Sometimes I will see a photo opportunity, and just pray that the photos will reflect what I see with my naked eyes. These are some of those photos. The top two are of the Vietnam Wall. As I walked by it, I saw the reflections of first the Washington Monument, and then the United States flag in the wall. Both reflections just stopped me in my tracks, but particularly the flag. The lighting was just right because the reflections and shadows from the trees framed the monument and the flag. I know the picture shown on the blog won't show as well as the real picture does, but I hope you can glimpse a bit of how I felt when I saw these shots. The middle photo is of a photograph that was put together by a veteran of the Vietnam War. I can't do it justice with words, so I won't try to. The last photo is amazing to me. I wanted a picture of the flag and the MIA/POW Flag flying over the wall, but the wind had stopped blowing and the flags were lying still against their pole. I decided to take it anyway, and as soon as I was ready to take the photo, a small breeze came up and both flags unfurled for me. Posted by Hello

No comments: