Tuesday, June 28, 2005




These are some random photos of our trip. One night I took Matt out to dinner, and he ordered coconut shrimp with a side of ketchup. I don't even eat seafood, but I know that doesn't sound good.... LOL We also made a trip to Old Town, and got to see a few of the shops there before they closed. We did make it to the Mormon Battallion Memorial, where we watched a short movie about the battallion, and then we were dressed up as a battallion soldier and a laundress for a photo. The courthouse that the battallion helped build was already closed, but we did see the outside of it. We also saw the Whaley House and explored that for a little while. I have more photos of both of those places to add seperately.

We stopped at the beach on the way out of town on Sunday. We found several sand dollars and other shells, and played in the surf for about an hour before we got back on the road.

The picture of Matt taken with the lady with the birds was at the beadshop. I cannot express how thrilled I was to discover that not only was there a HUGE beadstore three blocks from the convention center, but they sell everything WHOLESALE! True wholesale! I bought so many beads. In fact, I spent all my money and had to go get more... LOL. It was worth it, though, the beads were gorgeous, and the silver was sold by the gram for a fraction of what it would cost in stores. It was a wonderful time for me, but I can't say that spending his break between classes in a bead store with his mom was Matt's idea of a great time. Seeing the parrots helped alleviate some of the angst for him... LOL

No comments: