Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Toddlerhood



Tonight was a quiet night as far as bedtime routines go. The kids all had baths. Their teeth were brushed. They were watching the last of "Shall We Dance" with me, and then they were all heading into bed. Beth was supposed to be picking which shirt she wanted to sleep in. Yeah.

I almost never use my Stampin Up Craft black ink pad for edging photos. It is too wet, and dries too matte on the edges of my photos. But my dye pad is dead.. out of service... not a drop of ink could be squeezed from its pad. I needed to ink some photos tonight, and in desperation I tried the craft pad again. Unhappy with the results, I ended up painting the edges instead, and in the creative process I left the black craft pad on my scrap table.

Enter the curious toddler with a penchant for inkpads and paints. She thought she hit the motherlode with that ooey gooey, thick, HUGE ink pad. I find it amazing she got that pad opened, because even I have trouble with the SU pads sometimes, and she had it folded over perfectly. Don't you love the handprint on her face. Right after I took that picture she started rubbing it into her face as if it was lotion. Eeek. Then she kept clapping her hands together because she liked the way it felt.

Sigh. I cleaned her off as best I could. She is a dull shade of grey now. And she is asleep. Thank goodness.

No comments: