Sunday, January 22, 2006

Working Hard

This has been a very busy scrapping weekend for me. I finished my HOF entry, and just have to send it off now. What a relief!

I also needed to get three things done for a Prima Sneak Peek feature we are having over at Scrap Village. (The City Planners made some gorgeous stuff, you should go check it out!)These are my three projects.

The ASL flashcards are for Faith to carry in her purse. I took two sizes of pre-made tags, and tinted them with aqua, lime, and pink Fiber Scraps tints. I just printed the handsigns on cardstock using an ASL font. (Gallaudet) All of the accent pieces are attached with brads or stitching to keep them secure, and then I stitched two tags at a time together with the right sides facing out so you can't see the backs of the brads. Each set has a ribbon tied to it, and then they are all strung on a clasped ring to store them

This is an 8x10 page we are going to frame and hang in Faith's new hippo-themed bedroom after we move. The picture is of a little 2x4 ceramic hippo she was given by a little girl who was hospitalized when Faith performed "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" last month. Faith was stunned when the little girl gave it to her after her solo, and I thought it was very sweet. I am making a real page about it for the Christmas album, but this makes a great everyday reminder for Faith to hang on her wall. The whole thing is pink, not purple.





















I had a hard time leaving "empty" space on this layout, but I made myself stop embellishing, and now that I am getting used to that empty space I kind of like the page!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on getting that HOF entry done, when do you get to hear? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I adore your new banner, what a gorgeous photo. Is it Beth?

I really love the tags you made, I love the colours, what a good idea.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am in love with the ASL flashcards. As an ASL instructor ( my other job) thes combine my 2 worlds perfectly!!
Thanks for your hard work too;0)!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on HOF. The tags and hippo are soo cute. Love them. WendiB

Sue said...

Jenn - way to go with HOF!! You are so creative they MUST choose you!!!

I love the tags and your layouts - awesome work.