Saturday, November 29, 2008

"Pruning"

I was reading about fruit trees this year and learned that if you want your apple trees to produce good fruit you should prune them a bit every year. I am sure there is a right way to prune an apple tree and a wrong way to prune an apple tree. I am quite certain the pictures you are about to see are exemplary of the wrong way to prune an apple tree.

I came home from the grocery store and Jack told me he had to show me what Todd and Kyle had done. Do you see all these limbs and sticks?? That was one side of my apple tree.

This is the rest of the crime scene in full. Josh and Jack were talking on the porch, and Mystery came out and asked them if they knew the boys were cutting down the tree. In just a very short period of time, they had climbed the ladder and the pallett (Todd isn't nearly as bold as Kyle in his tree-climbing approach), looped Jack's tool belt over one large limb, and were madly sawing away the branches. My poor decimated apple tree did not look like a V when I left the house. (Notice the other limbs in front of the tree?)

Rule number 360,000 I never thought I would have to make.... No Pruning the Trees Without Parental Permission and Supervision!

No comments: