Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Baby Shower in a Can

I am teaching a baby class in December at Pebbles, and this is what I came up with. It is killing me to not sew any of it, and I don't think I have ever made an entire class with nothing but paper, stickers, and ink, but I still like how it came out. It is a two hour class, so I had to keep it simple to be able to get everything done.I don't feel like rearranging the photos, so they are a little out of order. I mostly used stuff from the new Pebbles Inc lines. It took five sheets of 12x12 patterned paper, three sheets of stickers, and then some misc stuff like tags, kraft cardstock, and ribbons. I only made the girl set into a sample. The boy set will be just like this with blue products and star accents.



This is a little 3.5x3.5 album from Walmart for 99 cents. The tags won't be glued in the book until after the party. They are meant to be passed out to the guests for them to write bits of advice for the mom or to add photos to. I didn't add ribbons to the tags because the album won't shut at all if I do.


These are just a couple of the inside pages of the advice book. All stickers, paper, and tags.


The class comes with 6 different bingo boards, and a bunch of little flowers to use as markers. I am also just printing a plain sheet of paper with other game ideas on it to add to the packet.


The kit comes in a gallon paint can we are covering with paper and adding the poem to. I still need to add ribbons to the handle, and I am running a pom-pom fiber around the top and bottom edges, but those are all at the store. I love using the can because it can be given to the mom as a gift package... I personally love to give first time moms a little medical kit for the baby with Motrin, Tylenol, a thermometer, and the other little things they don't realize they need until they need it... :0)



I made the gift and guest sheets, as well as the bingo cards 8x8 so they can easily be added to an album about the shower. I am thinking about making a matching album to use for a class next month, and then it can be given to the new mom as part of her gift.


I made the six invitations all a little different to use the stickers, but they are all coordinated so I figure it works. The host just has to print out the pertinent party info and add it to the inside.


We are also making six identical thank you cards to give to the mom.


The class is December 2 if anybody wants to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crap girlfriend, where do you come up with these ideas?? And TIME?? It is just too cute!!

Anonymous said...

cute project!

Sue said...

WOW!! You are making me want to come and visit!! What an amazing lot of goodies :)