Tuesday, November 22, 2005

CHA designer dinner

I don't know who is crazier... Jessie for asking me to put together the CHA designer dinner, or me for agreeing... LOL... but somehow it has come together that way and yours truly is trying to put together a dinner party for a group of people that already totals more than 70, and I am not even 24 hours into the sign up process. So I am crossing my fingers that I don't somehow screw this up in a royal way, that all goes well, and plunging in. Today I set up a newsletter group, an email account, and a blog, and then I started compiling a sponsor list. So.. if you want to come to the dinner, email me! And if you want to donate products for the goodie bags, email me! And if you just want to wish me luck and laugh at me for doing this, email me! :0)


The kids and Jack and I have been sick the last couple of days. They all have that nasty barking croupy cough, and I feel like somebody is clawing out my throat. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be getting worse, so I am hoping we will all be in chipper moods for Thanksgiving dinner! My turkey is thawing right now, and tomorrow I am going to start roasting him nice and slowly so he falls apart on Thursday. Tomorrow I also plan on plotting my shopping strategy for Friday. Jack and I went Black Friday shopping for the first time last year, and LOVED it. Who knew I would enjoy shopping in crowds??? It was fun, so I am lookig forward to it!

And I have to start thinking about what to wear to the company party. Jack's company has weird parties. It is a huge company, with a very diverse group of people, so some come in jeans, some come in tuxes, and some roll out of bed and show up as they are... LOL. So really, I can wear anything I want to, but since it is the one night of the year that we are going to a party for all grown-ups, I do like to try to look nice. I am in mourning planning for it this year, though. It is a tradition that our friends Billy and Johanna and Jack and I would go on a doubledate to the party. Then we would go to the movies or shopping or anything else kid-free afterwards, and just have a great evening together. And now Billy and Johanna are tucked out in the middle of nowhere living the country life, and we have to go alone. I love Jack, I do.. I don't mind spending a night out alone with him at all... but I miss our Christmas party, call in the middle of the night, Sunday BBQs, kids birthday parties, spur of the moment outings, handyman project helpers, let's get together friends. I really do.

talk to ya soon!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Jenn - you are the most amazing woman I know!! I am sure you will pull the dinner off just fine and that it will be a huge success!!

Hope your family is feeling better soon :)