Sunday, November 13, 2005

Pleasant Saturday


I had a nice day with the kids yesterday. Chet and Faith had a chimes performance at my mom's church yesterday, and then they spent some time playing with the other kids there while my mom and I browsed through the bazaar sale they had going on. After we all ate lunch together, it was time to go to Sign Design practice. It was a quiet practice since I only had the two of them with me. Matt spent yesterday with his friends from DeMolay working on a service project at the Moving Wall, and Kyle had pinkeye so he stayed home with Jack.


Kyle loves puzzles, so we bought this one for him for his last birthday. We got it back out this weekend, and are working on finishing it so we can glue it to a mat and hang it in his new room. I don't think I have ever worked on such a hard puzzle! This one has a thousand pieces. We have put together 5000 piece sets before without much trouble at all, but this one uses the same colors over and over, and it is stumping us... LOL. We are making progress on it, though, and maybe we will have it finished this week. I love how excited the kids get when they find a piece that fits. I love puzzles... they are such a relaxing way to spend family time together.

My mom found some very pretty suede fabric on sale half off yesterday, and surprised me by picking up six yards of for me... two yards each in three different colors... dark green, deep orange, and tan. I love them all. I am going to start with the burnt orange fabric and make this skirt. (The shorter length) I just need a stretchy knit fabric to make the top now. If I have enough leftover I am going to make some for the girls as well in a similar style. They would be nice outfits to wear for Thanksgiving dinner.

Mom also decided to surprise us and stock our freezer with meat because Smith's was having a huge meat sale. (It was all on sale, and then another 25% off when you filled a paperbag with meat.) I am set for a couple of months with roasts, chicken, porkchops, ground beef, ground turkey, ribs... you name it. Thank you so much, Mom... it means the world to me!

Kyle still has pinkeye, so I am dropping the older kids off at church today and staying home with the younger ones. Maybe Beth and Todd will nap at the same time, and Kyle and I will get a big chunk of that puzzle done. Either way, it should be a nice quiet Sunday afternoon together, and that will be nice! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Hi my name is Marjorie said...

An awesome scrapper and you sew too...how neat is that!

Sue said...

I am totally jealous of your homemaker skills Jenn. You scrapbook and you can sew your own clothes - WOW!! I can't even figure out how to change the thread on my machine (Ed does it!). You mom sounds like an amazing woman!! You are a lucky gal!