Friday, December 30, 2005

2005 in short review



I was straightening up my scraproom tonight, and decided I should take a picture of the books and magazines I was published in this year. (I think the CK Kids book actually came out at the end of 2004, but it plopped it in the picture anyway... LOL)It was a pretty successful year for me in terms of publication, and the truth is that I didn't have much time to really get too many submissions in for different things. I hope that this year is different in that regard. I hope that finishing up my Hall of Fame entry is a start to being better about getting my submissions in before deadlines and having time to make a more concerted effort to pay attention and prepare for calls for pages. It is the only real resolution I am going to make this year.

With the end of the year here, I have also been reflecting back on the year a bit. There have been some great highlights. Here are some of my favorites in no particular order.

* Exploring Washington DC, and being able to visit my uncle's place on the Vietnam Memorial.

* Seeing the Old North Church where Paul Revere had his lanterns hung.

* Fulfilling a dream by being able to explore Philadelphia and stand where patriots stood.

* Making new friends. There were so many new friends this year. In fact,I don't think I have ever met so many people that I just "clicked" with so well in one year before in my life. Especially friends like Katherine,whose friendship has left its mark in the most unexpected ways... LOL

* Seeing Johanna and Diane and Sarah. There is nothing like seeing old friends again and reconnecting. I miss you all.

* Taking Matt, Chet, and Faith with me to California. I loved every minute we got to spend together during that trip.

* Celebrating our ten year wedding anniversary, and spending a weekend away with just Jack and I for the first time in those ten years.

* Seeing my kids learn sign. I love that all of them combine ASL with their spoken words now.

* Being able to read 30 different books this year. That was because I spent so much time on planes, but I love diving into a book and coming away feeling like it has enriched my life.

* Eating queso and tres leche at Chuy's in Austin. Mmmmmmmmmm

* Seeing my kids perform with George Dare and being a part of Vegas' history.

* Seeing the Atlantic Ocean one week in Florida, and the Pacific Ocean the next week in California.

* Todd being a "Mud Mermaid"

* Being picked as part of the Scrap Village design team.

* Watching Beth with the kittens and the puppy.

* Matt performing as Junior Mint in a roadshow.

* Faith stealing the show with her Hippo solo.

* Shopping with my mom for Christmas.

* Todd being put in time-out, and always saying "I never do that again!"

* Ikea, I sure love that place!

* Racing through the mall in Texas to buy Katherine's purse five minutes before the mall closed.

* Spending Memorial Weekend at the time share with the kids thanks to Jolleen.

* Seeing Kyle lose his first tooth.

* Seeing Faith's front teeth finally start to come in.

* Winter CHA and Summer CHA (except for that the lack of heat in Atlanta and the lack of cool air in Chicago.)

* Discovering Shoestring Production's license plate albums.

* Being able to teach and visit with hundreds and hundreds of scrappers.

* Coming home from every show to a family who was happy to see me.

I know I am forgetting several other things that made me laugh, made me happy, or touched me in some way, but these are what I can think of right now. For the most part it has been a good year, and I am always grateful for the good years. Another favorite thing of mine is to see all of you who leave comments on my blog. It makes me day, and I thank you!

3 comments:

Hi my name is Marjorie said...

That sure is an impressive pile of idea books and mags. Congratulations! Just think what this year will be like...LOL
Happy New Year to you too. May it be joyous and prosperous!

Sue said...

Jenn - you simply rock!! I am rooting for you for HOF my friend!!

Loved reading your list of 2005 highlights :)

Anonymous said...

Great post Jennifer! Glad to see I made a couple of the highlights! LOL!! We'll always be blood sisters! ;) Looking forward to another great year traveling with you. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend, you're a true blessing!!

Luv you!