Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas Report

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was nice, and very quiet.

On Christmas Eve we went to church services, and Chet and Faith sang in the kids choir and played chimes. There weren't any good photos of it, so this is the best it gets... LOL


After the service, we let Matt stay with my mom so he could sing with the adult choir in another service and attend the midnight service with her. We brought the little kids home and sang Happy Birthday to Jack and ate some cake. This year we left cake and eggnog out for Santa. He and Jesse had spent the day putting together the trampoline my dad got the kids, so after cake the kids went out to jump for a while. I need to get some pictures of that because they love it!


The kittens wouldn't leave the tree alone, so I never put up my ornaments this year. I didn't want them lost or broken. It was Todd's turn to put the star on the tree, so Jesse lifted him up to do that. It makes Todd nervous to be up in the air like that, but he was so determined to put his star up that he got over it.


Every year we leave magic reindeer food to make sure the reindeer have something to snack on while they wait for Santa. All month long Chet has been asking me if Santa is real, and I know that next year there won't be any doubt in his mind at all. I love how in the end he decided that he wanted to help put out the reindeer food just in case Santa is real... LOL

I decided to not spend all morning on Christmas trying to take pictures. They never really turn out well, I never scrap them, and I wanted to be able to participate. I only took a few, but we had a good time opening presents. Beth didn't know what to make of all those presents under the tree. My brother gave her a little princess futon, so she sat on that all morning while she opened presents. The kids all got at least one thing on their list that they really wanted.

I got a nice present while Matt was opening his stocking. We always put PopTarts in the stockings. Sometimes breakfast is so late that if there isn't at least something to eat, the kids get a little edgy, so now they all get a package of PopTarts to snack on while they open presents. Matt got his stocking, and told me he loved having PopTarts. Then he told me that in his history class he was asked to write about traditions, and he wrote about how I always make sure their stockings have poptarts and ornaments. It means a lot to me that he not recognizes these little gestures as traditions, but that it is something he looks forward to.



After we opened presents, the kids played with toys and spent most of the day jumping on the trampoline. Later we ate dinner with my mom and Bob and George. After everyone had left and the kids were in bed, Jack and I watched Bewitched, which was a cute movie. I usually don't like Will Farrell, but he was okay in this.

I got some tall boots I really wanted in black and brown. I am going to be wearing a lot of skirts in the next couple of months so I can wear those a lot before it gets too hot! I also got a skirt, a couple of blouses, some very pretty jewelry, a green purse I love, and a couple of books. I love getting books or certificates to the bookstore. It always means I am going to make time to sit down and read. The first one is "The Constant Princess" by Phillipa Gregory, about Queen Katherine before she married King Henry.

Jack took yesterday and today off, and we have just been relaxing and letting the kids play. I started my Hall of Fame entry, and have two pages done. Today I am working on some more, and I hope to get all ten layouts done this week. That will give me a little time to tweak anything I might want to change before I have to mail it in. I feel really nervous putting this entry together, but a really tall redhead has said she will kick my butt if I don't get it done, so I have to press forward... LOL.

This has gotten really long. I'll be back later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everyone had a great Christmas! I love the pop-tart idea, we do small cereal boxes. :)