Monday, December 19, 2005

Weekend in Review

There were a lot of things I was supposed to do this weekend, but I ended up with a serious case of bronchitis that knocked me flat on my back for most of Saturday. I took most of my photos on my SLR, and I need to get the film developed, so I don't have a lot of pics to share today.

Friday night was Matt's final performance of the season with Red Mountain Music Company. They performed at Artemus Ham Hall. We were told our tickets were great because they were row B, so we were right by the stage. Well, those are great tickets if you are watching a single performer, or want to catch the lead singer of a band, but when your five foot four inch tall kid is put behind the taller people in the back of the choir, they are terrible seats.. LOL. We couldn't see Matt at all the whole time, but the choir did sound great. Next time we are asking for nose-bleed seats... LOL

Saturday morning I was supposed to teach a class, but I felt so bad by then that it felt like a really, really large person was sitting on my chest. I started a course of antibiotics that requires a lot of water, and I can see why. That stuff makes me feel like somebody has suctioned every ounce of water right out of my skin and eyes. I dropped my kits off, and came home to crawl back into bed for a while. Later that day I ran the kids over to perform for the kids who are hospitalized at UMC for Christmas. Faith performed her hippo song, and the whole crowd was clapping along with the rythym and cheering for her. When her song was done, the cutest thing happened. A little girl came up to her and gave her a little ceramic hippo. Faith thinks it is the coolest thing that has ever happened to her. The kids went caroling to some senior citizens homes afterwards with my mom, and I came back home to my sickbed for the rest of the evening.

Yesterday I dressed the kids all up in their new formal Christmas clothes. Matt was at my mom's church singing with the choir, so I didn't get good pics of all the kids together until afterwards, and I took them on my SLR. I did take this one on the way out the door with my digital, though. I lined the five of them up, and was asking them to smile. They weren't cooperating well, so my brother came to the door and told them to say "hairy butts". That cracked them up and they laughed for a good ten minutes afterwards! The kids had their Sign Design party yesterday afternoon, and then we went to a Christmas party at my mom's church afterwards. Since we ended up being gone all day, the kids went to everything in their church clothes and got a lot of compliments.


Todd was hilarious. I got him into his little suit and he kept looking in the mirror and saying "I am so handsome!" LOL.. yes, he looked great, but I also thought he looked like a little mafia dude. It is funny, because he and Kyle look so much alike, and they were in he exact same suit, but Kyle's personality made him look like a little business man, and Todd's made him look like an mobster. Here's Todd giving me a kiss... he is so fun!

Today I have nowhere to go, and I can breathe a lot better. We are going to clean our house, and then get some holiday baking done and finish getting all our Christmas decorations out. Normally our house is all put together the first week of Christmas, but things have been too busy this year! I also have some Christmas presents to finish putting together, and I have some shopping to do. I can't stand this rushed feeling, but I am going to let today be my one day this week that isn't rushed.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Your little boys look so handsome in all of their suits! I was cheap this year and am reusing Christmas dresses, so only Rachel got a new one. :) Are you feeling better?

Anonymous said...

i have been out of the blogging loop for a few days now so just trying to catch up -

your blocks are way way way beyond fabulous - they are awesome and now i will have to break down and buy those pressed petal letters (i had been holding out) - just beautiful

looks like the kids had quite a day hanging with George Dare and the mayor! your kiddos are just all over the place!

and the kids in their Christmas formal wear look like beautiful young ladies and handsome little men

i think you are giving your immune system a slight beating with all the running around - hopefully today with it being a slower pace you get a change to recoup and feel better!

take care~

Sue said...

Jenn - your kids are so adorable in those outfits!! I hope you are feeling better now???

Are you slowing down at all after Christmas??? You amaze me with your energy!!

Anonymous said...

Jenn, I love the kids dressed in their Sunday best. They look so cute. And what a busy weekend. You sound like me lately. Hopefully you are feeling better. WendiB

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better! Love the photo of your handsome little one kissing you!! Too sweet.