Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas time is coming!

I can't believe it is only a few days away! I am mostly done shopping, but there are still a couple of things left to pick up. Tomorrow Jack and my brother have to go pick up my kids' present from my dad... he bought them a trampoline. They are going to be so excited! My mom is coming over on Christmas day for dinner, but other than that we are planning a very quiet holiday. We are getting up, opening presents, and then spending the day playing with new toys and watching movies. I am making a simple dinner... ham, scalloped potatoes, and steamed asparagus. I am going to put the potatoes together the day before so all I have to do on Sunday is throw them in the oven.

The kids had two performances this week, and there is nothing else on the calendar for the rest of the week. I am so happy about that. I have a couple of sewing things to finish up, but I don't have any other major plans for this week other than finishing up Christmas shopping. I managed to get my Christmas cards done and mailed this year... woohoo! I didn't make enough, though, so next year I know to double that number. Actually, I made enough for my list, but Jack took half of them to work to give out to his friends... LOL.

I am feeling better... thanks to all of you that asked. The cough is still sticking around, but the fevers and breathing issues are gone. This crud usually becomes pneumonia for me, so I am very glad it cleared up before it got that far this time! I am jsut really glad the kids didn't get sick, and I hope they stay healthy through Christmas!

I have had some questions about the Christmas blocks I thought I would answer really quick. Jack cut them from 4x4s. 4x4s aren't exactly 4x4, so he measured them and cut the pieces to be square. He used a regular tablesaw to cut them. I didn't sand the edges, although you could. I painted just the edges on the sides that had papers, and then I used ModPodge to glue the papers down. The rest of it was easy because even the letters already have adhesive on them. Have fun making your blocks!

I spent all day yesterday working on the dinner for CHA. I have 200 people coming now. I don't like to think about just how many people that is... LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your Christmas, I saw your beautiful card at Katherines. WendiB