Thursday, December 08, 2005

SIDELINED

I like to be a considerate wife. I like to surprise my husband with things he isn't expecting. That is hard to do, though, because this is a man that is very difficult to shop for. So a couple of weeks ago when he was watching the Cowboys play a game, I was thrilled to overhear him talking about the new sideline caps the team is wearing. "I want to get one of those" came pouring from his lips, and I was thrilled at how easy it would be to get him something he wants for either his birthday or Christmas. (He is one of the poor souls who was born on Christmas Eve, and being the considerate wife I am, I always make sure he has birthday and Christmas presents.)

Sounds easy, doesn't it??? I took Matt to the mall the other night to try on jeans and since we were there I thought I would stop in the store that carries all the NFL stuff. I walked up to the wall of hats happy as could be... surely picking up the new sidelines cap would be a piece of cake! Then the guy behind the counter dropped a bombshell on me. He told me that there was one cap they wore for six weeks, and then another for the next six weeks. I just know if I just pick one that it will be the wrong one, and I don't know how to figure out which is the right cap without asking Jack. I think I might be able to research the Thanksgiving game, and maybe someone will have a photo with one of the players in the cap, but that sounds so boring to me! So if any of you reading my blog are diehard Cowboys fans, and you know which cap it is he is talking about, could you let me know???? Thanks so much!

No comments: