Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy Birthday, Happy Boy!

Today Kyle reached the halfway mark to adulthood. Nine is always a slightly sad birthday for me since it is the last single digit birthday, and I never want to leave the childhood stage with my kids. Leaving behind babyhood has always been hard enough.

Yet, birthdays are cause for celebration, so Kyle invited some friends over and we set them all up with pizza, cake, and icecream. I don't know why he looks like a chipmunk in this picture. It must be a recessive gene from Jack's side of the family.
He loved opening presents. The kid is pretty rich now!
Here he is with two of his best friends who came over today.

It was a beautiful day today, so we have spent the afternoon outside. I am posting this from my front porch. The pastor and his sons and grandsons came over for target shooting, and right now all of the kids are running around the house shooting each other with their nerf guns as the adults are shooting off a really loud gun (527??)

It's been a fun day. Happy birthday,Kyle! We love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday today, Kyle. Watch for your card as it's in the mail.

I love you!

Love, hugs & kisses...

Gramma Pam