Thursday, January 15, 2009

How Could They???

I had a feeling this would happen. I tried to prepare myself for it, but some things just have to be endured.

Chris Daughtry brought Bon Jovi to the American Idol stage a couple of years ago.I was a fan of his from his initial audition, but this performance sealed the deal for me. Chris is awesome.


He has been my favorite Idol to come out of that show ever since. I am not the only one who was impressed, because Bon Jovi has toured with him and he sings with them onstage. What I wouldn't have given to go to that concert. I just have to pause here and think of the musical bliss a BonJovi/Daughtry concert would be for me. {Sigh}

Then Bon Jovi came on the show with "Wanna Make a Memory" and for one night Idol was perfect. All the contestants sang Bon Jovi songs. Bon Jovi sang. I drooled. It was perfect.


Next, David Cook carried the momentum forward and auditioned with "Livin' on a Prayer." I was his fan from that point on, although he never quite hit the rock god status with me that Daughtry achieved.



So I suppose it was inevitable that the idol audition fools would latch onto my beloved Bon Jovi songs and crank them out with their own particular brand of musical ineptitude. The first episode of this year's Idol included a Bon Jovi montage of some of the horrendous "Dead or Alive" moments. Shudder. It was horrible. One hundred million Bon Jovi fans may not be wrong (and we're not) , but this.... THIS is so very wrong!

No comments: