Monday, August 29, 2005

Double tagged

I was tagged by Katherine and by Caro while I was gone. So here they are... five random things about myself.

1. I am terrified of being in the ocean. That means there are a lot of things like surfing, snorkeling, deep-sea diving etc that I never plan on doing. I am okay with that because it also means I will never be fish food.

2. I am a history nerd. I like to read historical novels, biographies, true-story things, I like movies based on real stories, I plan trips around the historical things I can go visit, and I know a zillion and one random trivial history facts that will never do me much good other than being able to score the history piece of pie in Trivial Pursuit. However, when I am old and my kids are gone, you might find me volunteering in one of the colonial villages you can find back East.

3. I love tapioca pudding. The cooked kind. I love any pudding, but tapioca and I are on a first name basis.

4. I tend to go in a lot of directions at once. Even when I am doing nothing but thinking, I think about a bunch of things all at the same time. Occasionally when I am tired, this causes some really strange sentences to come popping out of my mouth.

5. I was born and raised in Las Vegas, one of those rare natives you will find here, but I am a Midwest small-town girl at heart. When I go to Michigan, Illinois etc I feel like I have come home. Plop me on a farm with some chickens and goats, and I would be content.


And now I am tagging my friend Sue. You're it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love history - watch the History Channel a lot - I am particularly addicted to medieval history at the moment

i was born in the midwest - in the cornfields of Iowa - but I have lived in Las Vegas for going on 28yrs - so I guess that kind of makes me the Midwestern gal who just happens to be a Las Vegas native.

great to find out more about you - always neat to find when someone else has something in common!