Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Nature shots in Valley Forge


I forgot to add some photos in all those posts! These are some of the shots of nature in action that I took in the Valley Forge park.Now, you can laugh at me, it is okay, but I was walking along the road by the visitor's center when I noticed these little things that looked like acorns on the ground. I picked them up, and wondered how they got there, and then I looked up. Well, duh... they grow on trees! LOL... you will have to give me a little leeway... I was tired and I grew up in the desert where we don't have lush vegetation surrounding us!





This was the first time I had ever seen a skeleton leaf in person, and it was huge. I loved the wildflowers growing all over the place, and I thought the mushroom looked interesting. Doesn't it look like somebody turned it inside out?





The monarchs were my favorite. I stopped by the side of the road when I saw one fly by the windshield. I was just hoping it would land somewhere close by so I could get a photo of it. Suddenly, there were about 15 of them around me, and they were so pretty. The fluttered around on the wildflowers, and let me get pretty close to them to take some shots. I wish I had a digital slr with a strong lens already, because I would have been able to get some close-ups of all of them. Nevertheless, it was fun to play with the butterflies in the great outdoors.

No comments: