Monday, August 22, 2005

home again, home again, jiggety jog

We rolled back into town about midnight last night. I am exhausted, but this was a wonderful trip. I have missed my kids a lot this summer, and I loved being able to bring the three older ones along to see what I do and then take them to see things we can't see at home. I was really proud of how well-behaved they were, but they really are good kids so it wasn't a surprise. I took over 300 photos, but I have only added a few from each part to the blog. I bought another license plate album (Katherine... they have Mark Martin albums now!) from Shoestring Productions to make an album about this trip.

I came home with one extra souvenir from California. I was driving down a lonely stretch of highway through the Mojave desert when suddenly I saw flashing lights in my rear-view mirror. I was ticketed for going 90 in a 65 zone. Personally, I think it should be illegal to change the speed zones up and down the highway when it doesn't change at all, and you should only be ticketed for speeding when it feels like you are speeding... LOL... that little rental car didn't feel like I was doing 90! Do you think I can write the ticket off as a business expense?????

Tomorrow I have to do laundry and repack to head off to Orlando on Wednesday. Hope you enjoy the photos!

4 comments:

nic said...

Are we talking 90 MILES?????? Um... ok..... sure, you shouldn;t have to pay that ticket... lol... A business expense for sure.. lol
nic

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, I can't believe you got a ticket!! Didn't you start crying or something?! LOL!! Glad you all made it home safely. I can't wait to pick up a Mark Martin album at next months show (they're suppose to be holding one for me!). Love and miss ya!!

Anonymous said...

yikes - so sorry to hear that you picked up one of "those" kind of souveneirs

you are always on the run! i am hoping one day to catch up with you! have fun in orlando!

Caro said...

Oy a ticket!!

Hey- there's something for you on my blog