Monday, August 29, 2005

The Mouse, The Boat, The Weather

When I first signed up to go to the Orlando show during the month of August, Jack teased me and said that a hurricane was going to show up in Florida that week since I was there. He was right, but Katrina didn't make her way up to where we were which was good for us and not so good for the people she did decide to go visit.

After set up on Thursday, Gayle and I went to see the Titanic...the Exhibition. There were two hundred artifacts from the Titanic there, plus several reproductions of other artifacts, tons of photos, and many of the props from the movies that have been made over the years about the Titanic are on display here as well.
The tour guides dress in period costumes and use the approriate accents. Doesn't this guide look like he just stepped off the docks of Ireland? It was really funny to buy our tickets from the lady to get on the ship and hear her speak to us with an English accent. She was then our guide during the second part of the tour, and spoke with a Southern accent.
You may recognize this staircase... it is the reproduction used in the Titanic movie. The details in the engravings on the woodworkings of the ship were incredible.
This is one of the state rooms that was available on the Titanic.

On Friday one of my online friends, Dorothy, came and found me to say hi. After my classes were over we had lunch and visited for a while. Then her friend Nancy asked if I would like to go to Disney World... now who is going to say no to that???? Nancy was able to get three people into Disney World, so after the show closed that night Gayle and Lindsay and I went and spent the last three hours of the night playing in the Magic Kingdom. Thank you Nancy! We had a wonderful time!!!




The next day my classes ended at 1:00, so Nancy and Dorothy came and got me and took me shopping at the Behind the Scenes stores where Disney employees get some great deals! I bought all of Faith's birthday presents, things for each of the kids, and I wish I had more money... the bargains were incredible for the things that were available! Nancy and Dorothy and I had lunch again, and then I had to go back to help with the tear down of the booth.

This is the organ from the Disney movies Haunted Mansion, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and Rose Red. The lady working in the Behind the Scenes store saw Nancy and I taking our picture under Mickey's statue, and came and got me to show me the organ. She must be a scrapper at heart... LOL ... or a fellow history buff.... or both... Cool

No comments: