Monday, August 01, 2005

Masonic Temple part 2


The museum in the temple has a fantastic display of many memorable and historical masonic items. This isn't a good picture because of the angle I had to take it at, but this was George Washington's apron. (I was very surprised to find it there. I think I just always assumed he had been buried in it.) He was the only man to ever serve as President of the United States concurrently with his station as the Grand Master of his lodge.



Every room we went into drew my eyes to the ceiling. I love symbols, and I enjoy learning about them as much as I enjoy history. This ceiling grabbed my attention because of the architecture of the room and the symbols on the ceiling.


The knockers into each of the meeting rooms were different, but they were all beautiful.


Our guide told us that they are not positive who this portrait depicts, but the general consensus is that it is probably Saul and David. All of the art in the temple was incredible. There were paintings, sculptures, stained glass windows, and more. Every turn literally took my breath away.

These pieces of art for each state were housed between two levels of stairs.

No comments: