Monday, August 22, 2005

places we saw along the way

We stopped and saw all kinds of places along the highways of California.


This is the world's largest thermometer, found in Baker, CA. I have seen it several times, but this was the first time the kids had really noticed it.


We found this building that is shaped like a shoe in Bakersfield. It is a shoe repair shop, and the lace is a 50' rope.


This is an original one room schoolhouse in Dublin, CA. It was going to be torn down when the freeway was put in, but some local historians helped get it moved across the road and now it houses a really nice pioneer museum. I took the photo of the old desks for my banner in the museum. I find myself always looking at things in terms of how they would look as a banner now... LOL


I fell in love with this hotel in the historic part of Pleasanton. Think I could convince the powers to be to book us there for the show next year???


Many of the pioneers who settled the Dublin area are buried in the Dublin cemetary. This was one of the bios posted throughout the cemetary.


This bulldozer shaped building is right by my in-laws' house in Turlock. Kyle would have loved seeing this.


This church is 150 years old. It is connected to the Dublin cemetary.


This was a trip bonus. As we were driving down I-15, the West Coast Chopper guys drove by us in their truck and trailer. We waved like crazy. Kyle would have REALLY loved that since this is his favorite show.


This barn is also about 150 years old. It was the first jail in Pleasanton. Now it is a beautiful little cozy garden type store.


The boys thought the airplane graveyard was pretty cool.

No comments: