Thursday, September 15, 2005

Fashion File Challenge





I have fallen in love with Maggie and Robyn's Fashion File challenges. I didn't get to make a layout for last week's challenge, but when I saw this week's I knew exactly what I wanted to use it for. This is one of my favorite Todd stories... the kid cracks me up and he doesn't even try to... LOL. I picked up one of these huge lollipops for all of the kids when I was at Disney World during the expo, and I knew I was going to use the pics for this theme. This was meant to be, because I had my mojo on and this page almost put itself together.

I used MOD and Doodlebug papers. I have mixed a lot of papers before, but I really never thought I would mix these. I was very happy with the results though. I planned the layout with my Pages by Design templates, and then I went to work filling in space. My Doodlebug rub-ons survived the rub-on massacre I mentioned earlier, and I liked the way the dots and circular font worked with the theme. Then I added some Creative imaginations "official" circular rub-ons. It still needed something, so I added the silver brads for some texture, and then used some of those Dee's Distressed rub-ons by My Mind's Eye to grunge the page up a bit. All the papers are inked with darker shades using the chalk pads Colorbok sent me... man I love those inks!

I should be packing. Or I should be sleeping. I should even be working on some of my freelance projects or sorting out more scrap stuff. Alas, this layout was screaming my name and crying out for me to pay attention to it, so that is what I did instead. That sound you hear is me giving a contented sigh... LOL

Journaling reads:
Todd went through a phase where everytime Dad went to the store, he expected him to bring him a lollipop. One day Uncle Jesse was teasing Todd, and told him, "Your mddle name should be Lollipop.” Ever since then, if you ask Todd what his name is he replies ‘Todd Lollipop.” He says it so matter of factly that you would believe him if you didn’t know better!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, This is awesome! I am so glad you were inspired!! I love all the circles, the texture and your color combo!! fun layout!!
hugs,
maggie

Sue said...

LOVE this!! Awesome layout - and cute story to capture on paper too!

amberdusk said...

Very Cool! It is inspiring for me to try and get back to it.