Monday, September 05, 2005

Home from Atlanta

This was my sixth show in a row, so I came home absolutely beat.

I have pictures of the show, but since we are rearranging the house and the computers with the camera software aren't done being plugged in yet, I will have to share them later.

Highlights of the show:

1. Seeing Gina and having lunch. We have been on our email loop for eight years now (the same one Kathy is on) and it was so nice to meet face to face. She brought her friends with her, and they were really nice.

2. Helping Venessa pick up the truck and getting her car tuned. She had to evacuate Mississippi, and fortunately she and her kids and animals are all safe. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for her home or neighborhood. I have a picture of me in the Jiffy Lube getting her car tuned with two cats and a hamster. Then I have photos of Gayle and I sneaking them into the hotel for her after she and Gayle got back from picking Jolleen, Tyler, and Mike up at the airport.

3. Being able to witness and participate in helping the evacuees in Atlanta. The vendors at the show were raising money to pay for the hotel rooms for the people who were staying in the hotel. It may seem small in the overall picture, but it was something we could do and see somebody immediately benefit from it. Before they left, Jolleen and Venessa filled the truck up with water and took it back to the people still stranded in Mississippi. I love working for this company.

4. Finding keylime pie in Costco. It was huge. I am sure it was incredibly fattening. But it was so fantastically yummy.

5. Meeting Amy Eastham from Making Memories... she was hilarious. I will never forget her name... Amy Eastham... opposite of West Turkey... LOL... that is how she introduced herself to me... LOL


Today we did some touch-up painting in the house and rearranged two of the rooms. THe kids' computers came last week, and we have to get the classroom put together so they can start their new program. Tomorrow we are starting back in our homeschool routine, and all of us are excited about that. After we are done on school we will work on finishing up the classroom area. It should all be done by the end of the week.

That means next week my new scraproom should be done. Before I can move my stuff into it, though, I have to sort and minimize it. I have a lot of stuff I need to get rid of. A lot. This is something I am dreading, but I know it will be so much easier to get my work done once I do.

Anyway.. I am done rambling today. Before I sign off, though, I want to remind everybody that we ALL should have 72 hour kits ready in the event of any kind of emergency where we need to leave our homes. We owe it to ourselves, we owe it to our kids. It isn't expensive to put one together, but if you ever need it, you will find it to be a priceless treasure. Here are some sites with really good info on putting them together.

72 hour kits article

How to make a 72 hour kit

another good list

2 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like another eventful trip! Thanks so much for the reminder about the kits - I need to make some for us.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
Better late than never...it was great meeting you at Expo, can't believe it has been 8 years that our little email group has been together.
Gina