Sunday, September 11, 2005

Movin' and Groovin'




Yesterday was a really fun day. I enrolled the kids in Sign Design Theater. Next week the five oldest are all going, but today it was just Chet and Faith. Faith jumped right in and did her best to follow along with the dance moves and the signing. Chet was a little reluctant at first, but once he got going there was no stopping him. He made friends with all the boys there, and since they play YuGiOh on the breaks or when the girls are doing their routines he was thrilled to be there. It was fun, and I am so glad the kids get to be a part of this. They will be learning sign language, dances, routines, and then performing for live audiences.





Then Matt went to a DeMolay/Rainbow Girls/Job's Daughters dance last night. He has been so excited about this dance. It has actually been hilarious to hear him and his best friend Zack trying to quietly plot out their "chick magnet" strategies. I find comfort in knowing that teenage girls are just as odd as teenage boys sometimes.. LOL. The dance wasn't over until 11, but I came back at 10:30 to get him so I could get at least one photo of him dancing. Here is with his favorite dance partner, Yvette. After the dance was winding down, two girls and two guys got up on the stage do some random dancing, form the wave, etc. Oh yes... one of those boys was Matt. He and Faith didn't inherit a shy bone in their bodies. I am so glad they are comfortable jsut getting up and performing and having a good time without worrying if they look silly... especially since they do look pretty silly sometimes. I do enjoy watching them, though!

I made my new banner with the photo of Matt and his impromptu stage pals... he is on the far right doing the monkey at this point of the night. I was playing with filters, and thought the plastic wrap filter looked kind of cool. It hid the fact that the photo ended up very blurry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at Matt dancing!! AAaahhhh...I don't even want to think about my Matt dancing with girls!!! Hey, does that make you feel old??? LOL!! Love ya!

amberdusk said...

I saw your comment on another blog and I thought it was cool that you scrap... I like your picture of the signing. I also miss the old school dances, so young and innocent.