Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A vacation alone???

Whatever will we do????

Jack and I are leaving for Phoenix on Thursday, and not coming home until Sunday. We aren't taking a single munchkin with us... they are spending quality time with Gramma this weekend.

A vacation... together... we haven't done this in... forever. Our last weekend away was our honeymoon over ten years ago... we are a little overdue doncha think?

We have big plans for ourselvs. We are popping into the convention to say hi to my friendly co-workers and some other convention friends. We are having dinner with Katherine and John on Friday. The guys are going golfing on Saturday (if they like each other enough after dinner to spend time together... LOL) and I am going... SHOPPING! I am hitting the bead stores, the ribbon store, the scrap stores (I really want the new 7Gypsies stuff) and there is an IKEA. I am practically giddy with anticipation.

This means I have to get laundry done and get us packed. I have to make sure there is food in the house for said Gramma and munchkins as well.

Jack is finishing up my new scrap room tonight. woohoo! Next week I will finish sorting out my scrap products, and then I am having a huge scrapping yard sale. HUGE. If any of you have ever scrapped at my house, you know how much stuff I need to get rid of. I am going to use the money to buy the kids new beds.

I took Chet and Faith to my mom's church for choir on Sunday. I knew Faith would like it, but Chet blew me away because he loved it. He was so nervous... take a kid with a major speech impediment and put him in a group where he has to sing, and I can see why he was nervous. I told him if he didn't want to be part of choir he didn't have to be. He got right up there and followed along, though, and he spent yesterday humming the verses he had learned! Faith was so happy having a choir she could be a part of. After singing choir, they went to the bell choir practice as well. They start out learning the notes on chimes, and then move onto bells. Their first bell performance will be next month. When I dropped them off, I had an "awwww.. how sweet" Mommy moment. I was watching them walk into the chapel when Chet turned around and signed "Ilove you"... be still my heart! I love you too, buddy! (wish I had had my camera ready for that!)

Time to get school started and get the day going. Chat soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, love the tag project!

Second, you better bring a U-Haul when you come to Phoenix this weekend! LOL!! You'll die when you go into Ikea!!

Can't wait to see you!!

Anonymous said...

Loved your tag project too!! I'm going to Phoenix for the Expo too! I'll be teaching the MM classes so come say hello if you can! What stores are you hitting? (: