Saturday, September 10, 2005

Mourning my rub-ons

So today I am working on class projects for Pebbles. (I will scan in the scripture tag book in a little while.) I opened my rub-on drawer to see what would inspire me for lettering on some of these pages. I discovered that somebody (probably a certain almsot 2 year old with an affinity for becoming acquainted with my scrapping supplies in a "hands-on" manner) has ruined almost all of the top halves of my rub-on sets. 10 sets of Scrapworks alphabet rub-ons and almost all of my Making Memories alphabets. They are stuck together, rubbed into the drawer, or simply gone. Apparently the culprit was only interested in A-M because I can spell anything that doesn't require any of those letters. (surely there are lots of words that use O,U,X,Y,Z... LOL) The weird thing is that I am not mad... maybe having six kids has mellowed me out a bit about stuff like this. I know she is being a toddler. I know I have been gone a lot, and that being home now is going to prevent it from happening again. And I know that having everything put away in the new scraproom will be a big help in avoiding this. But I am sad for my rub-ons... it took me forever to collect that many. The Making Memories ones were all brand new because I was saving them to use with all the new papers I have been buying all summer. Sigh. Poor little abused rub-on letters.

I have to go track down some scriptures now to finish this book. I thought of making it a funny scripture book and using scriptures like "I am the smooth one and my brother is the hairy one" but I didn't want to offend those who might not enjoy my sense of scriptural humor. If you have any great suggestions for scriptures I would love the input.

2 comments:

Hi my name is Marjorie said...

OMGosh I would just cry if that happened to me...I give you credit for finding it so funny. Kudos to you! LOL

Sue said...

LOL - that would be a hilarious scripture book :) I would get your humour :)

So sorry about your rub-ons!!!