Monday, July 18, 2005

Highlights from CHA

I am home from Chicago, and I had a wonderful time. Here are some of the highlights of the trip!

Edited to add: Katherine confessed on her blog that she really was the one stalking Kelley... LOL... I was trying to be nice! The sad thing is, though, that I don't even know Jeff Gordon from, well, Jeff Gordon (which is a page I will post after the Master's contest is over) We teased her mercilessly about going from being the stalk-ee to the stalker! It was pretty cool, though, that in one of katherine's Nascar layouts in the booth she actually had a photo of one of the SpeedScrap ladies dad!


Kelly Earnhardt has a new line of Nascar products, and she was offering them in her booth. We spent so much time in her booth that we half-joked that she probably thought we were stalking her. She was such a great sport, and let me take this photo where she was pretending (I think) to be hiding from us.




You don't have to go to Rome to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa... you just have to to get to the YMCA in Rosemont, IL! The sun was already setting when we got there, but some of the photos came out really nice. Check out Katherine's blog in the next day or so, and I am sure she will post some of the others we took on her camera. Katherine, Julia, and I are actually sitting in front of the tower in this photo, but you can't see it in the original so I cropped it down to hide my tummy... LOL



Tim Holtz has a new line of stamps that he was giving away and autographing. He started laughing and joking with me when Wendi and I came back and asked him to pretend to sign it again for me while we took a photo. Then I went stalking Lindsay Teague. I really like reading her blog, so I wanted to meet her. I am sure she thought I was a nutcase, although I really tried to pretend to be a normal person.



We rode around in a space shuttle all weekend. Seriously. That can happen when you rent your vehicle from a company called Enterprise. This was the dashboard of our rental, and we felt like we needed to chat with Houston anytime we took off or landed. I can't tall you how many times I turned the windshield wipes on while I was trying to park because the gear stick was on the control panel of the space shuttle instead of on the wheel like it is in a car. If you are looking for a new vehicle, I
truly do not recommend the Nissan Quest.

I don't have photos of us sweltering in our hotel with the broken AC last night, but it inspired us to go down the street to Hooters. That was good because it meant we sat in 106 degree heat instead of 107. I am so glad to be home where we come by our cruelly high temps naturally, without the help of humidity!




Seriously, the best part of these trips is getting to work and hang out with people you really like. I always like going places with Katherine, and I had a great time getting to know Wendi. I also have a photo of my boss, but I don't think I should post it because she has socks on her head and is giving me a funny look, and I know she wouldn't care, but I still want to keep my job... LOL. I felt bad that Amanda got sick, but it was still really nice to spend time with her and Jolleen, and get to know my roomie, Julia. Anyway... I hope you all enjoyed my little CHA report. Now I have to go spend some time with all these little people clamoring for my attention!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Sounds like you had fun (except for the heat!). You guys look great in your matching shirts - too cute :) And I am LOL at your cropping off the tummy comment - I do that too (ha ha)

Welcome back!