Sunday, July 03, 2005

"muse-ings"

I sat down to scrap yesterday afternoon, and realized my muse had suddenly gone quiet. I looked around the scrap room, and I knew why I couldn't find her. I had probably buried her under one of my piles somewhere. (I told you my tables were piled embarrassingly high.) The poor thing was probably stifled under a stack of rub-ons or suffocated by one of the bags of stuff I have brought home over the last couple of months. I took a deep breath, and then I did it... I cleaned the scrap room. After I was finished putting away all the products I forgot I had, I sat back down, and she was still gone. I think she is hanging out with the banner fairy, and the two of them are laughing at me.

So today I cleaned my kitchen. I washed the walls, floors, baseboards, furniture... everything, and I did it all by hand. Faith, Chet, and Kyle all had a wonderful time "helping" me with their own washcloths scrubbing their assigned areas. I don't know why they think scrubbing the floors is so fun, but they do, so I let them. I didn't find my muse buried under anything in the kitchen either.

So now I am back in the scrap room, staring at the pile of work I really need to get done because I do like to get paychecks, and I still can't find that blasted muse. She's fired. I am placing an ad first thing in the morning for a replacement.

2 comments:

Hi my name is Marjorie said...

Hi...found your blog thru a post on 2Peas about competition. I'm a lurker so you won't know me...
I love this post. Has she showed up yet? *smiles* I hate when she goes missing on me!!! hahaha
I've bookmarked your blog for future reference...

Hi my name is Marjorie said...

It turned out great. Nosey me just had to check back. Your little one doesn't look too happy. *smiles*