Saturday, July 23, 2005

Whew!

This has been a long weekend already!

I forgot to take the kids to the Pioneer Day parade at the church today. I felt bad about that.

I spent yesterday prepping the kits for the wedding album class I taught today. Everytime I use shrink plastic in a class, I wonder what sort of crazy bug bit me to make me think it was a good idea. As I was shrinking down the 128 pieces I had diecut for the kits, I managed to give myself a nasty burn. I was pressing the last couple of hearts down flat, and as I pressed on the opposite end of the tray it popped up and grabbed the underside of my upperarm right above my elbow. I am now sporting a 3.5 inch second degree burn on the part of my arm that rubs against my side all day. At that point I turned off the oven, iced and bandaged my arm, and went to bed. I finished the kits this morning before I headed out to teach the class.

The upside is that the class is done, and I know what I will be teaching in September! I also finished up my brainiac project today, so that was a big check off on my to-do list! That leaves me two days to finish up these last couple of little projects and maybe even finish my masters. I also got my scraproom cleaned today, which always helps the creative juices flow a little better.

I am leaving on Tuesday for the Valley Forge show in PA. I am so excited I can't hardly stand it. Gayle and I are flying in a day early so we can spend all day Wednesday at Independance Hall and the other historical sites. I already reserved my tickets, printed all the driving directions, and have my itinerary planned. I can't wait to take those photos and share them!

I think I figured out why Chatterbox only showed three of the kids in my section of the book. I think whoever scanned it didn't realize it was an accordian album with pages on the back, and he or she just stopped when they got to the end of the front side. That still doesn't explain how I ended up with somebody else's "S" on one of my pages, but it does make me feel like maybe they weren't deliberately trying to leave half of the kids out of an album about why they are all my favorites! LOL I am going to scan the other pages in and print them out really well, and then staple them into the book so my three little ones feel included... Thumbs Up

No comments: