Sunday, July 10, 2005

Home again mish mash of info



I flew home this morning, dropped Jack off at work, and launched my day. You know, sometimes it is hard to launch a day when you just landed from a long flight.

I took very few photos this trip. In fact, the only thing we really did was go to the Mall of America. It was impressive in size and attractions. I asked Cindy to take my photo in front of this sign, but nobody wanted to walk around with me to take the photo of the sign by the driveway into the mall. I tried to get some shopping done for CHA, but that was a depressing endeavor. I still need jeans and shoes to wear before I leave on Wednesday. I would like the folks from "What Not To Wear" to just pop up at my house and take me on a $5000 shopping spree with pro advice!



I did stop off in Archivers to check it out, and it was kind of fun to find the Colorblocking 2 book on the shelf with my kids' faces smiling out at me.

The last photo is of a church building that just stunned me with its beauty. I think it is part of the St. Paul's college, but i have to do some research to doublecheck.

I am going to try to put together a masters entry for Memory Makers and get it mailed before I leave. Five pages in two days... I can do that, right? I probably should have not posted the Black Faced Beth page so I could use it for my entry, but it was too fun to not share... LOL


If you get PaperKuts, I have a layout on page 24 featuring the Pages by Design system in the August/September issue that was just released. There is a thumbnail of it on the contents page as well. My sketch didn't get published with it, so flip to the ad on the backpage of the same magazine for a full explanation of the system!

There was a birdcage with some pretty little birds in our hotel lobby. I thought this was really charming at first. The next day I ate some chicken and wild rice soup for lunch. While it tasted okay, the wild rice and grains looked just like wild birdseed. I joked about paying to eat birdseed soup, but truthfully I thought it would stop there. That night I went to Chevys and decided to treat myself to fried ice cream. I kid you not, the ice cream was rolled in oats and sunflower seeds. I don't know what St. Pauls fascination with the birds is all about, but eater beware... LOL

No comments: