Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Too Hot to Trot




We are in the middle of a record breaking heat wave here in Vegas. Yesterday morning when I took Jack to work at 6:45 it was already almost 100 degrees, and it only got worse as the day burned on. (Two people in his company ended up in the hospital with heatstroke yesterday.) I decided to take the kids to the park to play in the water feature. Faith had the most fun as she jumped and twirled through the spouting water. Beth had to get used to it, and once she did, she didn't leave her own little water spout. She kept trying to step on both holes at once, which was very funny to watch. Todd and Kyle loved playing on the water-spitting frogs. Today we are going to fill up the little pool and live in it.

I had to laugh when I heard the news last night. The top story of the hour was that there is medical evidence to prove that being in the heat makes people cranky.


After the water park, we ran over to the orchard to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies for dinner. I LOVE zucchini and squash... I could eat it all by itself for dinner. The kids love to pick the veggies, and they actually enjoy eating them when they know they picked them out themselves. They grow up to four feet long in the orchard, and they are only .25 a piece. What a deal! We came home with peaches for peach cobbler, plums for snacking, 4 huge yellowsquash, 2 huge zucchini, 2 cantelopes, a big fat tomato, and 7 pints of freshly pressed apple juice for $12. We are going back in a few days to get some more fruit to juice in the juicer.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Great pictures! I'm going to stop complaining about the heat here when I think of Vegas! I love zuchinni too. My mom used to make a chocolate zuchinni bread that was to die for. :)